Friday, January 8, 2010

Guest Blogger, Eric Erickson

This month we are excited to have our first male guest blogger. He is a skillful scrapbooker with some amazingly clever ideas to share next week. His website, Load of Scrap, is entertaining and educational so go check it out and his blog.




Hi there everyone - my name is Eric Erickson. My day job working for the government is worlds away from the hobby that engulfs my evenings and weekends. I’m a die-hard scrapbooker with a penchant for 3-Dimensional embellishments, pop-up pages and interactive layouts. I created my first scrapbook back in 1987 when I was a freshman in high school. While the craft in those days was limited to using construction paper and double-stick tape purchased at grocery stores, scrapbooking sunk its teeth into me and has yet to unhinge its highly embellished jaws. For me, scrapbooking brings together elements from many of my past professional endeavors: I spent time as an intern for a newspaper’s graphic design and advertising department, declared photography as my minor for a couple semesters in college and graduated with a degree in Journalism before spending five years as a news reporter and writer.

Photography + Design + Layout + Writing = Scrapbooking!!

I taught classes for a year at a scrapbook store here in Atlanta and also do some personal scrapbook consulting. In 2008, I created my own Web site, loadofscrap.com, where I post layout ideas and other crafting tidbits, including my scrapbook blog. I’m active on Facebook and Twitter and I absolutely love tweeting with other creative folks – sharing tips and ideas for improving my craft.

I’m thrilled to be a guest blogger for SEI and I look forward to hearing from you!
www.loadofscrap.com

No comments:

Post a Comment