Monday, January 5, 2009

Feliz New Year


Happy New Year! With one year past and another one awaiting there is much to plan and reminisce about. So when I was in a high school I had a teacher, Mr. Martin, that taught me about goal making. He said the common phrase about a goal not being written down is merely a wish. He went on to teach us about how he would set a physical, mental and spiritual goal at the beginning of every new year. This way he wasn't overwhelmed with too many goals but he could also improve himself overall as a person.
With goal-setting for me I have to see my goals on a regular basis or else I'll forget what I'm working on. I took Mr. Martin's advice and made 3 tags with the different topics (physical, mental & spiritual). Behind each of the tags I wrote the specifics of what I was going to accomplish under each aspect. (I like to keep my resolutions a secret because my mom would always say that if you tell someone something that hasn't come true, you're jinxing yourself and they won't come true, haha.) After I made my little tags I had some magnets and applied an epoxy sticker to the face of them. I stuck them to my bathroom mirror so that I'm reminded everyday of what I'm trying to accomplish. Let me know what resolution tactics work for you! I love hearing your ideas.

-Dorthea

P.S. The paper and epoxy stickers I used for this project were from our Dill Blossom line. I love this line because it works great all year around.

No comments:

Post a Comment