Monday, December 1, 2008

On the 1st & 2nd Days of Glitzmas...

Today we are starting our 12 Days of Glitzmas. It's going to be a wonderful event full of gifts, packaging & all the fun things that can turn your Christmas into a memorable inexpensive event. Each day we will post 2 ideas & we will be posting daily until Saturday. So make sure to check back with us everyday and as always let us know what you think! Moving on to our 1st project...


A striped strip frame! How did I do it? First I decided if I wanted to have this frame just for Christmas or for all year round so that I could pick out my paper. I decided it would be a good Christmas card/picture holder so I used Sparkle all the Way from our Glitzmas line. (Some other wonderful stripes you could use for an all-year frame are Adirondack, Kent or Begram to name a few.) Next, I found an old frame at a thrift store and painted it to match the paper. Try to find a frame that is no wider than 12 inches due to the paper size (The inside of my frame was 14"x12"). I then measured 2 pieces of paper and cut them out to fit the size of frame. To create the slits that hold the pictures, I used a blade and made slits along random stripes on the paper. Be sure to start and finish your cuts 1 inch in from the edge of the paper so that you don't end up with individual strips of paper. Once I was done cutting the slits, I glued the papers to the inside of the frame. Finally, I cut a piece of foam core the size of the inside of the frame and glued the edges to the back of the papers and frame for extra support. Voila, a simple project that anyone can cherish!


This next project that I decided to make was a compilation of our family recipes. I'm making these 12 days of Glitzmas gifts for my sister, who just loves to cook. In this recipe book I included all the recipes my mom & grandma use to make their Christmas dinners, treats & other family recipes. I started by using our 8.5"x11" preservation album. I covered the front & back covers with the All is Merry & Bright paper and the inside covers with the Emerald paper from our Glitzmas collection. Next I made two 3/4" slits on the front cover and two slits on the back cover to weave the 3.5 foot red ribbon through. On the inside I used some 4"x6" page protectors and inserted them into the preservation album. Using this template, I personalized some notecards to fit into the 4"x6" page protectors. I included the 8.5"x11" page protectors that came with the preservation album because my sister loves tearing recipes from magazines but who likes copying them onto a little notecard? No one! So, this is a simple solution to save those larger recipes. Lastly, I used the tabs from the Glitzmas cardstock sticker sheet to organize the different recipe sections. All in all I finished two projects in under 2 hours. Hopefully you like these projects as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment